Sliding Sash Solutions
Sliding Sash Solutions Ltd. Company registration number – 5236647 Director – D P Cooke. Registered address – 14A Main Street, Cockermouth, Cumbria, CA13 9LQ
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Sliding Sash Solutions Limited. We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office – registration number: ZA094059.
The policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations & requirements of the users, the website and website owners.
This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies to all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
- Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computers hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
- Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
- Other cookies may be stored to your computers hard drive by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.
Contact & Communication
Users contacting this website and/or its owners do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use, in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR) . Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission process but advise users using such form to email processes that they do so at their own risk.
This website and its owners use any information submitted to provide you with further information about the products/services they offer or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted. This includes using your details to subscribe you to any email newsletter program the website operates but only if this was made clear to you and your express permission was granted when submitting any form to email process. Or whereby you the consumer have previously purchased from or enquired about purchasing from the company a product or service that the email newsletter relates to. This is by no means an entire list of your user rights in regard to receiving email marketing material. Your details are not passed on to any third parties.
Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised to adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website. (External links are clickable text/banner/image links to other websites.
The owners of this website cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should, therefore, note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Adverts and Sponsored Links
Social Media Platforms
- Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
- Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate/engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
- This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
What personal data we hold
Sliding Sash Solutions Ltd. holds data on customers and potential customers who contact us with an enquiry about our services. This includes:
- email addresses
- phone numbers
- home or business addresses
How we use customers data
We use customers data to make contact with customers in relation to the enquiry that they have made for our services and to communicate with them via email, phone and in writing.
We may also collect details about you as a customer for the purposes of preparing reports or compiling statistics. Such details will be anonymised and you will not be identifiable from the data collected.
Who we share customers data with
- We share our customer’s name and email addresses with Trust Pilot to request that they review our services. We directly seek consent on an individual basis from our customers before doing so.
- We share our customer’s email addresses, home addresses and phone numbers with Sliding Sash Solutions Franchisees for the purpose of dealing with your enquiry.
- We may share our customer’s information with Companies that assist us in our marketing, advertising and promotional activities such as Adwords. analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site
- We may share personal data we hold if we are under a duty to disclose or share an individual’s personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply any contract with the individual or other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety of our employees and other individuals associated with Sliding Sash Solutions.
How long we keep customers data for
- Customers who have enquired, have been issued with a quotation from us but have not proceeded with our services – we hold their data for a maximum of one year in order to have the details on file should an order be placed in the near future.
- Customers who have enquired, have been issued with a quotation and have proceeded with our services – we hold their data for seven years in order to have records for warranties and tax purposes.
Right of subject access
Individuals have a right to obtain a copy from us of the information we hold about them on a computer and in manual filing systems. This is known as the right of subject access.
If we do receive a subject access request, we respond promptly and at most within 30 days after we receive the request although we are entitled to ask for any information that we reasonably require to find the information and check the person’s identity.
How we protect customers data
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.